Music Web Sites: DBQ
Douglas Quine Web pages
Michael Schwarzchild ("Dr. Hopper"): electric and acoustic guitars, 12-string, vocals
Paul Underwood ("Lefty"): acoustic guitar, pedal steel, lap steel, vocals
Steve Flachsbart ("Screamin' Cat": violin, acoustic guitar, mandolin, vocals
Established in 1998,
Too Old To Care (TOTC) is the Greater Danbury / New Milford area's most beloved semi-acoustic quartet (formerly trio). However, the term folk rock is used rather loosely as we play everything from blues to bluegrass. We have appeared at various local cafes as well as at special events and private parties for the past 6 years performing an eclectic mix of rock, country rock, country, blues, folk, and originals, including our wildly popular interpretations of various works by the Grateful Dead, Beatles, Stones, Kinks, Cream, etc.
If there is a single musical inspiration we share, it's the Grateful Dead. Most of our covers are of songs from the late 60s and early 70s, but we tend to put our own twist on them rather than attempting to reproduce the originals. Speaking of originals, we also play plenty of our own compositions and are in the process of recording our first CD.
Triumphant Return Concert by Too Old To Care
- The Place: Bearclaw's Academy of Music, 39 Park Lane Rd, Unit 4, New Milford, CT (860-210-1717) www.bamnewmilford.com
- When: Saturday, September 10, 2016 at 7:00 p.m.
- The Entertainers: Too Old To Care with Jack Crann and Mike Latini
- The Details: $10
- Too Old To Care will be presenting their inimitable mix of music from the 60ís, a jazz standard, and an original song by each of us.
News from Too Old To Care
- Did you miss the smash hit Standing Room Only Too Old To Care performance at Molten Java on March 22, 2008?
- Too Old To Care was profiled at Danbury NewsTimesLive.com on April 26, 2006
Music now from Too Old To Care
The Band: Too Old To Care
- The Time: from the recording studio ... to hear at your convenience!
- The Place: on the Internet (Too Old To Care but modern at the same time!)
- The Repertoire: (please "save to disk")
- The Key: username =totc, password=toober (please save to disk)
- Bank Street Coffee House, 56 Bank St, New Milford, CT (January 29, 2010, April 23, 2010)
- Bearclaw's Academy of Music, New Millford, CT (September, 2016)
- Borders Books and Music, Danbury (many times including October 15, 2005; May 2, 2009; June 20, 2009, February 20, 2010)
- Borders Books and Music, Farmington, CT
- Connecticut Psychological Convention, Westbrook, CT (October 2000-02)
- Cousin Larry's Bar, Elm Street, Danbury, CT (August 25, 2005, September 30, 2005)
Elizabeth's Restaurant on the Green, New Milford, CT (February 18, 2005)
- First Congregational Church (Local Foods Fest), 36 Main St, New Milford, CT (October 3, 2009)
- Gaston annual Labor Day Party, Newtown, CT (1999-2004)
- Housatonic River Festival, Stockbridge, MA (August, 2004)
- Jewish Community Center, Sherman, CT (March, 2016)
- Marble Dale Pub, Route 202, (Marbledale section) New Milford, CT (February 23, 2008)
- Milano's Restaurant and Pizzeria, 10 Railroad Street, New Milford, CT (November 15, 2008)
- Mocha Coffee House, 3 Glen Road, Sandy Hook, CT (November 18, 2005)
- Molten Java, Bethel, CT (often; including August 13, 2005; November 5, 2005; January 7, 2006; February 17, 2006; March 18, 2006; June 24, 2006; July 22, 2006; Sept 16, 2006; December 9, 2006; February 3, 2007; March 17, 2007; April 14, 2007; June 16, 2007; August 4, 2007; September 15, 2007; November 3, 2007; December 15, 2007; February 2, 2008; March 22, 2008 - standing room only; June 14, 2008; August 8, 2008; December 19, 2008)
- Odd Fellows Classic Car Cruise Night, Odd Fellows Lodge, 25 Danbury Rd, New Milford, CT (May 24, 2009; June 7, 2009; June 28, 2009)
- Oliver's Nursery Octoberfest, Fairfield, CT (October, 2003)
- ... and ... various backyard parties, engagement parties and even Bar Mitzvahs