Professional Employment and Research
- 2017- present Research, Veterans Affairs Connecticut Healthcare: research and laboratory test standardization
- 2015-2017 Research, Bridgeport Hospital: REDS-III and laboratory test standardization
- 2010- present President, Triskelion Ltd: Consultant
- 2006-2010 Fellow, Advanced Concepts and Technology, Pitney Bowes: Basic and applied research, design and development of Mailstream Innovations including Secure Mail solutions.
- 2002-2006 Principal Engineer, Advanced Concepts and Technology, Pitney Bowes: Basic and applied research, design and development of new SafeMail systems. Design objectives include detection and warning of hazards in the mail as well as containment of hazards in the mail to protect people and property and reduce contamination.
- 2000-2002 Product Guru for Digital Document Delivery, Pitney Bowes docSense: Responsible for guiding new product development and product strategy in EBPP, ESP, and B2E.
- 1993-2000 Program Manager for OEM and Finishing Products, Pitney Bowes Production Mail: Manage mail sorting equipment from OEM vendors, manage development of new mail sorting equipment, coordinate sales, marketing, service, and engineering efforts for mail sorting equipment; support United States Postal Service automation requirements.
- 1990-1993 Senior Staff Engineer, Martin Marietta Postal Systems: USPS automation systems requirements design, analysis, test, & verification; Barcode reader and optical character reader technology analysis
- 1988-1990 Staff Engineer, Martin Marietta Data Systems, Orlando FL: Parallel processing for postal imaging applications; Delivery Bar Code Sorter system design, analysis, test, and verification
- 1987-1988 Affiliate Associate Professor, Ecology, Ethology, & Evolution, Univ. Illinois: Sensory systems of animals
- 1984-1988 Associate Professional Scientist, Wildlife, Illinois Natural History Survey: Radar studies of bird migration
- 1983-1984 Research Assistant Professor, Pharmacology and Adjunct Assistant Professor, Otolaryngology, Tulane Medical School: Vestibular pharmacology
- 1982-1983 Visiting Assistant Professor, Psychology, Tulane University: Sensory systems of animals
- 1982-1983 Research Instructor, Pharmacology, Tulane Medical School Auditory pharmacology; neurotransmitters
- 1980-1982 Research Associate, Physiology & Biophysics, Dalhousie University: Frequency modulation channels in human hearing; Hearing disorders in Multiple Sclerosis
- 1979-1980 Post Doctoral Fellow (with D Regan), Psychology, Dalhousie University: Hearing disorders in Multiple Sclerosis, Brainstem Auditory Evoked Potentials
- 1976-1979 Ph.D. Research (with William Keeton), Neurobiology & Behavior, Cornell University: Infrasound detection and navigation by the homing pigeon
- 1974-1976 Graduate Research (with William Keeton), Neurobiology & Behavior, Cornell University: Olfactory cues in orientation by pigeons
- 1973-1974 Acoustical Consultant (with Peter Marler), Field Research Center in Ecology and Ethology, The Rockefeller University: Acoustics of temperate and tropical habitats
- 1972-1973 Undergraduate Thesis Research (with M. Konishi), Biology, Princeton University: Frequency discrimination by the barn owl
- 1968-1969 Independent research project (with R DeSanctis) Massachusetts General Hospital & Roxbury Latin School: Heart valve prostheses & Open heart surgery
- 1967-1968 Independent research project, Retina Foundation/ Mass Eye and Ear Infirmary: Polarized light detection for the early diagnosis of visual disorders in humans
Family Business Cards